One of the positive things to come out of the lockdown due to Covid-19 is using online platforms like Zoom to conduct virtual face-to-face meetings and allowing practitioners like myself to see patient’s all over the UK and offer advice, dietary and lifestyle recommendations, as well as sending out herbal medicines to their homes. For patients who aren’t comfortable using such technology then a telephone call is also fine.
Who can have a telehealth appointment?
Telehealth appointments are suitable for:
- Current patients taking Chinese herbal medicine.
- New patients who wish to start receiving acupuncture and/or Chinese herbal medicine.
- Those who cannot (or prefer not) to attend in-person due to the risk of exposure to coronavirus.
- Previous patients who wish to start receiving acupuncture and/or Chinese herbal medicine again.
How does it work?
- Click the Book an Appointment button at the top of this page and follow the instructions or click here to contact me directly to book your telehealth appointment.
- Prior to your appointment, you will be asked to complete and return a new patient form.
- A Zoom invite will be created upon making your appointment, which can be easily accessed on your mobile phone, tablet or PC.
- After your consultation, any Chinese herbal medicines will be shipped by Royal Mail directly to your home and if you are receiving acupuncture I will see you in the clinic soon after.